How to remove hair dye from the skin and face
Ever wondered how to get hair dye off your skin?
If you have ever gotten hair dye on your skin you know how
difficult it can be to get off but in this blog post, we will show you how to do just that, we have got you covered :))
In this guide, we will teach you how to get hair dye off skin.
Here are 5 best ways to get hair dye off skin:
- Soap and water
- Olive oil
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dish soap and baking soda
That’s the list now let’s see how to can use these to get hair dye off the skin.
1. Soap and water
Your first defence when you notice hair dye on your skin should be to use soap and warm water to try to remove it.
If you start to wipe off the dye before it dries or shortly after applying the dye, this may be enough to remove it. If not, or if it has already stained your skin, you may need to try one of the additional methods below.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil is not just for cooking, (oh no!) it’s a natural cleanser that will help to remove stains from your skin. This may be an especially good option for people with sensitive skin, but anyone can try it.
- To use, pour a small amount of olive oil on a cotton ball, or use your finger and gently rub it into the stained area of your skin. Leave it on for up to 8 hours.
- If you’re going to sleep with it on, you may want to cover it with a bandage or plastic so it doesn’t stain anything.
- To remove it, wash it off with warm water.
3. Rubbing alcohol
Rubbing alcohol can be harsh and dry to the skin, so this may not be a great option if you have very sensitive or dry skin.
- To use as a dye remover, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- Gently dab it on the stained portion of your skin.
- Once the dye is off, be sure to rinse the area with warm water and soap.
Toothpaste can help remove stains from teeth, but it may also help remove hair dye stains from your skin.
- Use a non-gel toothpaste, and apply a small amount onto a cotton swab or your finger.
- Gently massage it over the dye on your skin.
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
5. Dish soap and baking soda
- Baking soda is exfoliating, and dish soap can help to dissolve the dye.
- Dive computer
- To use, combine gentle dish soap and baking soda to form a paste.
- Gently rub the paste over the stained area on your hands, and then rinse with warm water.
Best practices to prevent getting hair dye on the skin
- Wear gloves
- Use a thick line of moisturizing cream, around the hairline before applying the dye.
- Removing stains right away can help prevent stains
The next time you colour your hair, follow steps like applying moisturizer to your hairline and around your forehead before applying dye. This can help prevent stains.
If you do end up staining your skin, it’s usually easy enough to remove the dye using one of our methods listed in this post. If you still can’t get the stain out after you have tried the methods here, then you should go to your local salon and they will be able to remove it for you.
Hope this helps you
- Buy a dive computer
Thanks for reading :))